The Parks Community Association invites you to join us on Saturday 3rd December 2016 from 14:00 to 18:00 at The Parks Community Centre for an afternoon of Christmas fun including
– Help decorate the Parks Christmas tree
– Free refreshments and mulled wine
– Craft activities for children
– Write letters to Father Christmas
– Christmas picture competition (children)
– Christmas baking competition (adults)
– Fun Christmas quiz
– Meet your Parks neighbours and catch up with friends!
We’ll be working hard right up until the last minute to make all the preparations, but please check back to see the latest details of what we’ve got planned for this years tree decorating, we’re aiming to make it much bigger and better than last year, and for anyone who remembers… hopefully a little less windy!!
This will all be in the Community Centre Main hall with the tree in the garden.
Times: (open from 2pm – 6pm Saturday December 3rd)
2:30 – 3:30 – Xmas Tree decorating
3:30 – 4:00 – Kids Xmas Games
4:00 – 4:30 – Judging the Kids pictures and adults cakes
4:30 – 5:30 – Fun Xmas Quiz
As with previous years, there will be a collection space available for anyone who wishes to donate items for local animal charities, ie towels, toys etc (full list below) but in addition to this we will also be supporting some other charitable causes.
One of which will be a food bank, we’re in the process of confirming exactly which food bank will receive any donations and will update as soon as confirmed, but if you’d like to donate to this, here is a list of items that would be gratefully received:
- Christmas cake
- Mince pies – with long best before dates, end of December earliest
- Tins of ham
- Selection boxes
- Chocolate coins
- Childrens sweets
- Christmas Pickles/Chutney
- Tinned: Meat Pies (large and small), Chicken in white wine sauce or Chicken/Meat Curry
- Tinned Peas or Carrots
- Christmas Biscuits
- Strong toys for dogs
- Cats toys
- and anything else in the way of food or toys will be gratefully received